Thursday, December 30, 2010

Opernhaus des Jahres

Hi there!
Still alive and after some lazy (and fat!) holiday time I'll be back blogging tomorrow. I should add 4-5 reviews of the shows I've seen this December.

I was also thinking about updating the "Best of 2010" list --which will be hard! It is good that I didn't rush with it before having seen all the shows I planned to see, including The Queen of Spades that I was happy to see last night at Theater Basel. This is definitely my Top-5 show this year and you should retain at least two names: Svetlana Ignatovich (unreal soprano!) and David Hermann (super-duper-talented director).


Photo above is taken last night in front of Theater Basel. They are obviously proud to be voted the best opera house in 2009 and in 2010, and I think they totally deserved the title even if my personal favorite is Komische Oper Berlin. I believe Basel, Stuttgart, La Monnaie, and Komische Berlin (and a few more theaters) are in a league above the rest when it comes to artistic creation today.


Vale!

1 comment:

  1. I was there yesterday with my wife and we were absolutely fascinated by David Hermann(huge talent) production of Pique Dame.What a pity we should have met.Let`s wait for another opera performance...

    ReplyDelete